>

Thursday 21 April 2016

Breaking out of a rut

Hi !

I haven't updated this blog for more than 7 months
 Did I have real reasons? Of course. Computer breakdowns , phone destruction and allergy attacks are  terrible reasons , but does this stop me from feeling terrible ? No.

I am still in Hyderabad , and all hopes that we would soon be back to Bangalore are (more or less) dashed. Today's temperature ( today) is 41 degree Celsius , or 106 degree Fahrenheit, and coupled with the lack of A/C and an inverter , I have entered into what I officially term as a rut .

I was creating actively through December , took a small break intentionally  in January and started back up in February. Not a terrible plan , My yearly challenges of making a bangle a week was kicked off and it was doing ok , then suddenly, the climate changed.
 Almost overnight , mildly cold (19-20 degree) suddenly amped up to 28-29 degrees, and before I knew it, it was in the late thirties. My body doesn't react well to sudden climate fluctuations.I started getting heat bubbles all over my palms which made it pretty much impossible to touch clay. I then decided to go home and annoy my parents for a bit.
Thankfully my heat bubbles reduced greatly once I got to Kochi and I started claying. I was eagerly looking forward to it , as I had not touched clay for quite a while by then and it was a lot of  fun getting back in . I made a a few bangles as my mother wanted and everything was well with the world.
Unfortunately the oven there ( a microwave with convection mode) , sucked big time and did not bake anything well and I broke a lot of fishies I had made . Realizing this , I was super careful with my bangles and I have got them home & re-baked them.

Somehow during this time , the rut had set in.I have quite a few bangles I need to sand and polish , but I really don't want to do it.The bubbles might be the cause , it was a terrible experience sanding with my palms like that. I cant touch bangles for now.
I set out a couple of pieces I was too lazy to finish ,so that I may be driven to complete it , but nope. They are still in a pile.
I am tired of not claying , but somehow I cannot do it.  I have a mental block of some kind.
I need to work around it.I need to have some daily goals.

I am going to publish two tiny tutorials in the next 2 days. Two incredibly easy ways to make some textured beads.
Fingers crossed , some camera action and the feeling of doing something, has got to break me out of it.

Maybe my bangle program failed miserably , but perhaps that doesn't mean my claying has to stop.

Thanks for reading :) Have a good day !



No comments:

Post a Comment